Thursday, September 11, 2014

Some links to myself

An FYI, mostly for people following this feed on RSS: I just put up on my home web site a post about applications for the Simpsons Bookworm browser I made. It touches on a bunch of stuff that would usually lead me to post it here. (Really, it hits the Sapping Attention trifecta: a discussion of the best ways of visualizing Dunning Log-Likelihood, cryptic allusions to critical theory; and overly serious discussions of popular TV shows.). But it's even less proofread and edited than what I usually put here, and I've lately been more and more reluctant to post things on a Google site like this, particularly as blogger gets folded more and more into Google Plus. That's one of the big reasons I don't post here as much as I used to, honestly. (Another is that I don't want to worry about embedded javascript). So, head over there if you want to read it.

While I'm at it, I made a few data visualizations last year that I only shared on Twitter, but meant to link to from here: Those are linked from a single place on my web site. My favorite is the baseball leaderboard, the most popular was either the distorted subway maps or the career charts, and the most useful, I think, is the browser of college degrees by school and institution type. There are a couple others as well. (And there are a few not there that I'll add at some point.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your great post.I like this very much, please write more about these,wait for your update...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As part of an assignment for research I have to find an article with relevant information on this topic and give the teacher our opinion and the article. Your article helped me a lot. hip hop shop

    ReplyDelete